Nirma University is accepting the applications of the candidates who have scored well in UCEED to enroll students in the undergraduate design program (Bachelor of Design-B.Des) in the discipline Communication Design and Industrial Design.
Nirma University Admission Key Points
The total intake of students is 80.
15 % of total seats are reserved for persons of Indian origin, Foreign Nationals, and children of Indian workers of Gulf countries/ South East Asia.
Besides UCEED, Students also get admission through an entrance exam test conducted by the design department of Nirma University (NU-DET).
Determination of merit for admission to the B.Des program will be as under
|Entrance Exam (UCEED or NU-DET)||50%|
Nirma University Admission Dates 2021
|Offline NU-DET Exam (Students who opt for this)||April 8, 2021|
|Online/Offline Situation Test and Personal Interview||April 12-16, 2021|
|Declaration of merit list 1||May 3, 2021|
|Declaration of merit list 2||May 10, 2021|
|Last Date for Payment of Fees||June 15, 2021|
|Commencement of semester 1, batch 2021||July 26, 2021|
Nirma University Admission 2021: B.Arch
Nirma University offers a Bachelor of Architecture a 5-year full-time program approved by COA based on the National Aptitude Test in Architect NATA scores.
The total intake is 90.
|50% Seats (ACPC)||50|
|35% Seats (All India Category)||28|
|15% Seats ( NRI / NRI Sponsored Category)||12|
Nirma University B.Arch Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have qualified scores in NATA.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 exams with a minimum of 50% aggregate in Chemistry, physics, and mathematics from the recognized board.
Nirma University B.Arch Selection Criteria
- 50% of seats are filled by ACPC (Admission Council of Professional Courses).
- 35% of total seats are filled by the Institute of Architect & Planning, Nirma University. For this candidates should have qualified the NATA score and passed the qualifying examination with a minimum percentage of marks in subjects as guidelines of the Government of Gujarat.
- 15% of the total intake of NRI criteria also filled by the Institute of Architect & Planning, Nirma University. Admission to those candidates given under merit basis of marks obtained in NATA exam.
- Candidates who fall under OCI/PIO category will apply for B.Arch as NRI.
How to Apply for Nirma University B.Arch?
- Candidates have to visit the official website and register their own self by filling the OTP.
- Fill the online application form and provide the required details of academics and personal
- Choose the required options of course and resident
- Pay the form fees 1200/- for Outside Gujarat candidate and 350 for Gujarat Candidate + 18% GST and submit the form
- Take the printout for future reference
- Check the form carefully before submitting
Documents to be submitted by a candidate for ACPC quota
- Admission offer letter issued by the ACPC, GoG. (If applicable)
- Marksheet (10th Std.)
- Marksheet. (12th Std.)
- Provisional Passing Certificate in case of Diploma pass out
- Passing Certificate of Mathematics for Diploma pass out
- Transfer Certificate
- Score Card of NATA
- Equivalence Certificate (in case of a letter grade)
Documents submitted by NRI candidates
- Mark sheet (10th std.)
- Mark sheet (12th std.)
- Scorecard of NATA
- Transfer Certificate
- Passport of self/guardian
- Equivalence Certificate (from AIU, Delhi)
- Equivalence certificate from the school authority
- Resident proof in case of NRI sponsors
|Year||Board||Cut off (closing Rank)|
|Rank||Merit marks||Rank||Merit Marks||Rank||Merit Marks||Rank||Merit Marks|
Nirma University Admission 2021: B.Tech
Admissions in B.Tech programs at Nirma University are done by Joint Entrance Exam (JEE-Mains) and Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET).
Here 35% of total seats are filled through scores in JEE-Mains for all India categories, 50% of total seats are filled through GUJCET, and the rest 15% seats are reserved for NRI candidates.
For admission through GUJCET candidates have to participate in ACPC counseling.
The lateral entry B.Tech admission is governed by Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC), govt of Gujarat based on Merit.
Nirma University also offers B.Tech (CSE) + MBA (5-year integrated program) to students. 85% of the total seats filled through JEE (MAIN) 2021 and 15% reserved for NRIs.
Nirma University B.Tech Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have passed the 12th board with physics and mathematics with (chemistry, biology, computer, or vocational subject) from the recognized board of India.
- Admission to NRI candidate will be as per the NRI criteria as candidates must have appeared in JEE (MAIN) 2021
- For B. Tech lateral entry, candidates must have passed the qualifying exam with minimum marks as per rule no. 6 in the previous academic year in the same field from a recognized board, university/institute approved by AICTE.
- Eligibility for B.tech+MBA program: - Candidate must have passed the 12th exam with a minimum of 60% marks along with Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics. Also appeared in JEE (MAIN) 2021.
Nirma University B.Tech Selection Criteria
- Admission to all the B.Tech programs is done based on the rank secured in JEE (MAIN) 2021 conducted by NTA.
- For NRI, the selection is also done based on JEE (MAIN) score.
- Counseling is done online.
- For B. Tech (CSE) + MBA integrated program, the selection is done based on JEE (MAIN) score and personal interview.
- JEE (MAIN) scores - 50%
- Personal Interview - 30%
- Performance in the qualifying exam - 20%
Documents Required for Admission in B.Tech:
- 10th standard mark sheet
- 12th standard mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate (TC)
- Admit card of JEE Main-2021
- Rank card of JEE Main-2021
- Receipt of online payment fees
- Equivalence Certificate
Nirma University All India Rank of JEE MAINS 2020
|Branch Name||Closing Rank|
|Computer Science and Engineering||383|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||978|
|Instrumentation and Control Engineering||3748|
Nirma University Admission 2021: UG Courses
The admission details of other UG courses offered at Nirma University are given below:
|Category||B.Com (Honors)||B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)||B. Com., LL.B. (Hons.)|
|85% Seats (General Category||122||102+51||102|
|15% Seats (NRI/NRI Sponsored Category)||22||18+9||18|
Nirma University UG Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates have passed the HSC (10+2) from a recognized board with a minimum of 60% marks in the following subjects:-subjects Accountancy, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, or Mathematics. [For B.com]
- Candidates have passed higher secondary exams with a minimum of 45% marks from a recognized board. The eligibility for the age criteria will be the same as prescribed by the CLAT 2021 Authority. [For B.An LL.B]
- 15% seats reserved for the foreign nationals or students having OCI or PIO cards and Students whose parents are working in Gulf countries. They can apply under their quota.
Nirma University UG Selection Criteria
- Admission is based on a merit basis. Marks in HSC (12th) are considered for the preparation of the merit list.
- If the two candidates got the same position on the merit list then Marks obtained in the English paper is considered for the selection of candidates.
- Admission is based on the inter se All India merit rank of CLAT 2021. Candidates must fill the CLAT 2021 application form before filling in the ILNU (Institute of Law Nirma University) Application Form. [B.com LL.B].
Nirma University Admission 2021: MBA
Nirma University Institute of management accredited with an ‘A’ grade by NAAC offers MBA and MBA in Human Resource Management (HRM) program. The total intake in MBA Program is 270 and admission is done based on scoring in the CAT exam and personal interview.
Nirma University also offers a 5-year BBA+MBA program and MBA in Family business and Entrepreneurship. Selection is done through scores in IPMAT.
|General category- 85% seat||204||26|
|NRI / NRI Sponsored Category - 15% Seats||36||4|
Nirma University MBA Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates have passed a three-year bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) or equivalent qualification from a recognized university with at least 50% marks.
- Candidates who have scored 75 percentile or more in CAT-2020 are eligible to apply for the MBA Program.
- Final year students can also apply for admission provided they prove that they meet minimum eligibility.
- Eligibility for BBA+MBA:- Candidate must have passed the school with 60% aggregate in HSC or 12th board.
- For NRI Candidate eligibility is the same as for Indian candidates, they can be considered for admission based on their GMAT scores also.
Nirma University MBA Selection criteria
- Candidates shortlisted based on scores and performance in the Common Entrance Test (CAT)
- The shortlisted candidate called for Theme Development and Presentation (TDP) and personal interview
- The final selection of candidates is done based on performance in the entrance test, personal interview, academic performance in 12th and graduation, and TDP.
- Admission will be offered as per the merit list made after calculating the performance under the given criteria. Notification will be announced on the website.
- Selection for BBA+MBA is done based on scores in IPMAT (Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test) and personal interview.
Weightage for MBA
|Common Entrance Test (CAT)||60%|
|Theme Development and Presentation||10%|
Weightage for BBA+MBA
|12th standard score||20%|
Nirma University MBA Cut off
IMNU (Institute of Management Nirma University) has prescribed an expected cutoff of the CAT 2020 exam is 80 percentile.
Nirma University Admission 2021: M.Tech
Nirma University offers Master of Technology (M.Tech) programs in multiple disciplines like Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
Nirma University on a total of 18 intakes in every discipline.
Nirma University M.Tech Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have passed the exams of Bachelor of Technology/ Engineering from a recognized university with minimum percentage as per the rule of AICTE.
- Candidates who are sitting in the final semester exam are also eligible to apply for admission.
- International students having non-Indian passports and having OCI or PIO certificates can also apply under OCI/PIO/supernumerary category.
Nirma University M.Tech Selection Criteria
- All the non-sponsored applicants with GATE scores will give admission based on GATE merit.
- If the seats remain then it is filled by the non-GATE candidates based on a written test conducted by Nirma University.
- Candidates having fewer qualifying marks are considered as non-GATE category, admission offered to them under non-GATE category.
The Entrance Exam of Nirma University for Non-GATE candidates consisting of 60 questions of 60 marks have to be completed in 60 minutes, with questions covering the latest syllabus of GATE.
Nirma University Admission 2021: PG Courses
|LLM||Criminal and security law/ constitutional and administrative law||30|
|M. Pharma||Pharmaceutics/Regulatory Affairs/Pharmacology/Pharmaceutical Analysis||54|
Nirma University PG Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have scored more than 55% marks in graduation.
- For M.sc, Candidates should have a bachelor's degree in the format of 10+2+3/4/5 in chemistry/botany/zoology/microbiology/life science, etc. with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university.
- For M.pharm, Candidates must have passed the qualifying exam B.Pharma from a recognized university with minimum marks as per AICTE & PCI norms.
- Candidates appearing for final semester exams also eligible for application
- For LLM, candidates should have passed LLB after graduation or 5 years Integrated Law Degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks as per the Bar Council of India.
Nirma University PG Selection Criteria
- For MCA All the seats will be filled by ACPC (Admission Committee for Professional Course) GoG (Govt. of Gujarat). Candidates have to apply for a 2 year MCA program.
- For M.Sc, Admission is done only through the merits obtained in the entrance exam conducted by Nirma University. Tests include 100 questions of 100 marks based on the UG syllabus of Life Science and Chemistry.
- For M.pharm, Admission preference is given to the students having valid GPAT scores. Non-GPAT candidates get admission based on merit in National Level Online Entrance Exam conducted by Nirma University.
- Admission for LLM is based on the criteria:- LLB marks- 70% weightage, Personal Interview – 30% weightage
15% seats reserved for the foreign nationals or students having OCI or PIO card and Students whose parents are working in Gulf countries. They can apply under their quota.
Nirma University Admission 2021: PhD
Nirma University offers the Full time and Part-time Ph.D program under the faculties of Pharmacy, Technology, and Engineering, Management, and Architecture, and Science.
Nirma University Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates shall have a Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent degree from a foreign educational institute accredited by the Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized, or authorized by an authority under the law of its country are eligible.
- Candidates possessing a degree equivalent to M.Phil of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency are also eligible.
Nirma University PhD Selection Criteria
- Candidates must have to clear the entrance exam conducted for eligible candidates and be called for a personal interview by the department of the Research Committee.
- UGC-NET (including JRF) UGC-CSIR NET, GATE, GPAT, SLET qualified candidates with valid scores in terms of cut-off marks eligible for direct interview.
- The entrance exam qualification mark is 50%. The exam syllabus consists of 50% of research methodology and 50% of specific subjects.
- Qualified candidates called for an interview regarding research interest area etc.
Final selection is done by the following criteria:
Nirma University Ph.D. Stipend and fellow-ship
- Faculty of Tech & Engg and Pharmacy deserving full-time candidate will be given fellowship of Rs. 21700 for the first 2 years and Rs.24800/- for the 3rd year.
- Faculty of Science full-time candidate will be given fellowship of Rs. 18600/- for the first 2 years and Rs. 21700/- for 3rd year
- Faculty of Management full-time candidate will be given fellowship of Rs. 18600/- for the first 3 years and Rs. 21700/- for 4th year
How to Apply for Nirma University?
- Visit the official website to register yourself.
- After registering yourself, fill the online application form and provide the information about the personal, qualification, etc.
- Candidates also need to upload the scanned signature and passport size photo.
- Fill in the course which you want to study.
- Then submit the form and pay the application fees.
- Take the printout of the application form for future reference.
The application fee for different courses at Nirma University vary. Candidates can check the application fee for their desired course here below:
|Course||Application Fee |
|B.Arch||Non- Gujrat Candidates - INR 1200||+ 18% GST|
|Gujrat Candidates - INR 350|
|B.Com + LLB||INR 2500|
|M.Sc., M.Pharm||INR 1250|
Nirma University Admission: FAQs
Ques. What is the ranking of Nirma University?
Ans. Institute has been ranked as 44th Best Business School overall by the National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF) released by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India on June 11, 2020
Ranked 8th best B-School among Top Private B-Schools in India and 1st among Top Private B-Schools in Gujarat by CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey.
Ranked 13th Best Private MBA Institutes of India by Outlook- iCARE India MBA Ranking 2020
Ques. What is the general cut-off for Nirma university’s MBA?
Ans. The CAT 2020 cutoff for Nirma university’s MBA programs will be around 75–80 percentile.
Ques. How are Nirma University placements?
Ans. 95% of students had placed in BBA-MBA and MBA program with an average salary of 9 LPA in 2020
Ques. Does Nirma University have a hostel?
Ans. They don't have hostels for bachelor's degrees. They have hostels for students pursuing Masters Degree and good canteen facilities.
Ques. What are the fees structure at Nirma University?
Ans. The fee structure if courses at Nirma University is as follows:
|Course||1st Year Fee|
|B.Tech||INR 1.97 L|
|B.Com Hons.||INR 1.24 L|
|MCA||INR 1.5 L|
|M.Tech||INR 2.65 L|
|BALLB||INR 2.98 L|
Ques. Can I get admission to Nirma University with a donation?
Ans. The Donation seat in Nirma is only for NRI candidates because the college has 5% reserved seats for candidates. If you are an NRI then you can pay some amount as a donation to take admission to Nirma University.