|Number of Rides a Day||Around 2,00,000|
|Total Number of Employees||200|
|Functional in Number of Cities in India||26|
|Offers to keep in Mind While Checking Out||Rs.50/- off (4 Times/user)|
|Number of Driver Partners||Over 2,50,000|
|Why have Uber App?||To Get Cab Anywhere, Anytime And To Avail Exclusive Offers|
Uber Technologies Inc. is an online transportation network company which launches its services in India as UBER India in order to provide its customer with a number of transportation facilities to ease their busy life.
WHY CHOOSE UBER FOR CAB BOOKINGS?
There are numbers of reason to use Uber as the best option for your commutation:
- The Uber app is easy to use and customer friendly.
- Cheaper prices in comparison with its rivals like Ola, Meru.
- It’s Economy, Premium and Accessibility options let consumers decide the vehicle that best suits their requirement.
- With the help of SCHEDULE A RIDE OPTION, its customers can pre-schedule their rides.
- Uber offers many deals and coupons to its customers in order to give the services at a low cost.
- It is easy to track your travelling status with Uber app and you can also share it with your family or friend just by sending them a message.
Recently Uber launched ‘UBERHIRE’ in nine Indian cities, including Delhi, Mumbai, and Pune and it will allow users to obtain services of an Uber cab for up to 12 hours that allows users to make trips with a number of desired stops just like a city or local taxi service.
It is a time-based cab service, where your preferred cab (SUV/Sedan/Hatchback etc.) is readily available on-demand and will chauffeur you to multiple stops across the city so that you can get your work done without constantly worrying about your commute. Currently, the UBERHIRE service is available under the Cash only mode and other means of payment will be made available soon to the uber users.
In order to avail this new feature, users need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Download Uber app from Google play store.
- Go to the Uber app on your mobile and select the UBERHIRE option.
- Fill all the mandatory fields.
- Set your pick and drop location and request the ride.
After completing this request you will receive a message from Uber which will provide you the details about your driver along with the vehicle number and model. The minimum fare for UBERHIRE normally ranges between Rs.449 - Rs.649 for 2 hours and up to 30km.
After this point, riders will be charged Rs.2 per minute and Rs.12/kilometer; pricing and cancellation charges will differ from city to city. Riders can hold their Uber ride up to a maximum duration of 12 hours and the total fare is calculated based on the distance and duration of the trip.
It simply works on the concept of carpooling and all you need to do is “enjoy the ride”. This system matches riders heading towards the same direction and the plus point is that the riders don’t need to pay full-fare, as they can avail a discounted rate by choosing to ride with other passengers.
The process is same to what all you need to do is to opt the uber pool option along with providing details about your pickup and drop location.There are two types of UBERPOOL rides and they are:
- Matched’ trips: i.e., rides where multiple riders have been picked up along a route
- ‘Unmatched’ trips: i.e., trips where you only one passenger is picked up along a given route.
Exclusive Offers on Uberpool
In an attempt to promote share ride and pool options, Uber provides timely offers and deals, including flat fare across various cities. This includes flaat fare of Rs.30 for Chandigarh users, fare of Rs.39 for upto 5 kilometers for Delhi users, Rs.49 for Ahmedabad users etc. No coupon code is needed to avail these promotional offer and the flat fare will be auto applied at the time of payment.
This is very useful for the students and professionals who have per day riding needs so it is the cheap way to provide them a chance to ride with safety and comfort. You can also check out Ola share offers which are providing similar discounts like Uber.
UBER "SCHEDULE A RIDE":
You can easily avail the services of Uber at any time and at any place by just scheduling a ride for yourself. You’ll need to provide the pickup and drop location via an app and after you are done with your booking you will get the contact details of the driver. Once you get in your cab you can also track or share your riding status with your family just by sending them a message.
How to Schedule a ride on Uber:
You can easily schedule your ride with Uber with the following steps:
- Select your pick-up and drop locations
- Choose your preferred rental vehicle type
- Tap on the Car or Clock icon while booking and select your 15 min. schedule window in advance
- Select your pick-up window an tap on schedule to confirm
- Moreover, you can edit or cancel your ride, during any time period before your scheduled ride is ready
Recently Uber has launched its Bike Taxi Service UberMOTO at Hyderabad at a very cheap fare of Rs.3/Kilometer. The UberMOTO service includes almost all two-wheelers ranging from scooters to motorbikes to even mopeds.
The service is currently available in selected cities only, including Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Noida, Ghaziabad etc and is currently the cheapest travel service available from Uber. Booking a UberMoto is also quite easy, just select the 'UberMoto' option, enter your pickup and drop locations, choose your payment type and just request your ride. Your booking will be confirmed and the driver and vehicle details will be send to you by the app itself.
Issues Related To Bookings and Cancellation on UBER
Please note that the Uber Fee applies to the cancellation fee. Cancellation fees are applied, when:
- A rider cancels a trip request more than 5 minutes after requesting and cab is running on time (within 5 minutes)
- A rider doesn’t arrive at the pickup location within 5 minutes of the arrival of cab/driver.
- An UberPOOL rider doesn’t arrive at the pickup location within 2 minutes of cab/driver arrival
- An UberPOOL rider cancels a trip request after being matched.
- Drivers are also able to cancel a “Ride Request”. In this case, you may be charged a cancellation fee if the driver has already waited for a long time period at your pickup location.
Drivers are also able to cancel a “Ride Request”. In this case, you may be charged a cancellation fee if the driver has already waited for a long time period at your pickup location.
Step to resolve these issues:
You can resolve these booking and cancellation related issues by signing in the app and following the below-mentioned steps:-
- Step1. Open the Uber app and make sure you are signed in the app.
- Step2. Tap on the left corner of your mobile screen.
- Step3. Select the option “Your Trips”
- Step4. Select the trip you wish to dispute.
- Step5. Tap “Help”, it is just beneath the driver’s photo.
- Step6. Choose the reason for the cancellation of your trip from the list.
- Step7. Tap “Submit” and Uber will review your request and get back to you within few days.
Exclusive Uber Cab Bookings Offers
Uber provides its users, be it new or existing, with exclusive deals and offers on cab booking through their app. These offers are easily available on their website and more importantly, the offers vary as per the city or occasion and are updated on a timely basis. So, the deals for users in Delhi/NCR are different from that for users in Mumbai or Pune etc.
All you have to do is find the best offer as per your requirement and apply the given promo code in the "Add Gift/Promo Code" section in your Uber app. After that, whenever you book your ride during the offer period, the deal will be auto-applied in your trip. below is a complete, step by step guide as to how to make the best use of the available uber promo codes.
These offers are applicable to all the available rental cabs at the time of booking including Sedans like Honda Amaze, Maruti Dzire, Hyundai Verna or Hatchbacks like Maruti Swift, Honda Jazz and even other SUVs and Luxury vehicles including Mahindra XUV100, Fortuner or Audi Q3.
Some of the currently available Uber offers are mention below:
Book UberPool in Delhi @ Rs.39
Delhi/NCR users can book uber pool rides at just Rs.39 or less only and travel to their destinations easily. Riders will have to pay Rs.39 or less(whichever is applicable) for rides up to 6 kilometres. For rides up to 9 kilometres and 19 kilometres, users will have to shell out Rs.59 and Rs.99 respectively. The offer is applicable to all users and the fares will be applicable upfront only, at the time of booking.
Uber Jaipur users can commute @ Rs.29 or less
Uber brings an exciting offer for its Jaipur users wherein they can commute to their destination, from anywhere in the city for as low as Rs.29 only. The offer is valid on UberMoto rides and the riders will have to pay a fare of Rs.29 for a distance up to 9 kilometres. Beyond that, the normal fare will be charged for the commute. No coupon code is needed to avail the offer and the fare will be applicable upfront only.
How to Avail these Uber discount coupons?
If you have a promo code, enter it anytime before a trip ends for the promotion amount to be applied to that trip’s fare. To enter a promo code follows the steps:
- Opt for “Promotions” from the app menu.
- Select “Add Promo Code”.
- Enter the promo code and opt for “Apply” option.
If you're using the new Uber app:
- Select “Payment” option from the app menu.
- Select “Add Promo Code”.
- Enter your promo code and opt for “Apply” option.
- Valid promo codes will apply to your Uber account.